It’s Time for some Pampering and Self Care with these Amazing Turmeric and CBD Face Masks…
Let’s face it, most of us have had skin problems at some point in our lives. From irritation, to oily skin to acne, there’s always something that’s ailing our complexion.
At this point we know that, when it comes to skin, the least aggressive options are the best ones; this is why strong chemicals are better kept away. On the other hand, natural, homemade face masks are a really nice way to care for our skin and relax, not to mention they’re all the rage!
Today, we’ll be giving you two recipes for all natural face masks, using two ingredients you might not normally think of when planning a spa night with friends, or by yourself.
As a side note, both of these recipes have been enhanced with tea tree oil due to its healing and antibacterial properties. It’s a great complement for the other ingredients you’ll be using.
CBD Skin Care Benefits
CBD has a lot of benefits, to the point where it is often used by people who suffer from dermatitis, eczema, acne, and other skin conditions. When used in cream form, or any other topical presentations (cbd face serum, sprays, patches, roll-ons), CBD can do a lot for your skin!
Some of the most recognized CBD skin care benefits, are:
- Antibiotic and antifungal: CBD has antimicrobial properties that prevent infections and the growth of bacteria or fungi, while also strengthening the body’s built in defense system.
- Anti inflammatory: topical CBD helps reduce localized swelling caused by allergies, bruising, exhaustion, and irritation.
- Reduces irritation: CBD calms the skin, reducing irritation, itching and redness caused by different factors.
- Promotes healing: CBD promotes healing and activates skin repair when there are lesions.
- Interestingly, cannabis has also been known to work very well in the treatment of some forms of skin cancer (and other types of cancer), with impressive results. However, when used for cancer, THC, the psychoactive component found in cannabis, plays an important role.
Calming, rejuvenating CBD Face Mask and CBD Facial
You have probably seen some of the best CBD beauty products out there! But how about making your own?
Cannabis has a calming, anti inflammatory effect on the skin. It can be used by people who suffer from diverse skin conditions due to it being both a natural and effective way to reduce inflammatory and allergic reactions, making it the best face mask for irritated skin.
So here’s the recipe…
- 1 tablespoon of CBD Oil
- ¼ of an avocado
- 3 drops of tea tree oil
Mix all the ingredients until you have a creamy paste, then carefully apply it on your face with a brush, and leave for 10 minutes. Close your eyes and relax! You deserve it. Do this once a week, or when needed.
How does CBD work in face masks?
Though CBD can be used on its own, in cream or oil form, the idea behind mixing it into a face mask with other beneficial ingredients, like tea tree oil and avocado, is to potentiate its action on the skin and make the experience a lot more healing. This might be the best CBD skin care routine for you! Try it and let us know how it goes.
Remember, natural ingredients are always the best option!
CBD Oil side effects
CBD oil hasn’t been observed to have side effects on the skin. It generally relieves pain, irritation, and inflammation, but no negative effects or allergic reactions have been documented. On the contrary, due to its anti inflammatory effect, CBD has been shown to reduce light allergic reactions, along with the hypersensitivity and irritation caused by them.
Turmeric Skin Care Benefits
Curcumin, the main component in turmeric, has several different health benefits, making it one of the most medicinal herbs in the world, which is why it is highly used in Ayurvedic medicine in India and Sri Lanka, as well as incorporated into the local cuisine.
- Antimicrobial: it doesn’t allow harmful microbes to grow, cleansing impurities off the skin.
- Anti inflammatory: it reduces inflammation and pain caused by it.
- Antioxidant: it has the ability to cancel out free radicals which are thought to cause cancer, aging and decay in the skin and other organs.
Deep cleaning, detoxifying Turmeric Face Mask
Turmeric has antibacterial, anti-fungal, and antioxidant properties, so it helps clean and detoxify your skin deeply, while reducing inflammation and the “puffiness” caused by it. So here’s an amazing recipe that can help you…
- ½ teaspoon of powdered turmeric
- 1 tablespoon of raw Honey
- ¼ teaspoon of apple cider vinegar
- 6 drops of tea tree oil
Mix all the ingredients until you have a paste, then carefully apply it on your face with a brush, and leave it for 6 minutes. Do this once a month.
If you have a light complexion, it’s best to do this when you don’t have any commitments that day, since your skin might (not necessarily) have a yellow tinge for a few hours. Though this shouldn’t happen if you don’t use more than ½ a teaspoon. Don’t worry if it does happen, though! Just don’t leave the mask on for too long, and gently rinse your face a few times, soak a cotton ball in your favorite face tonic, and dab it as you normally would.
Some bonus tips for skin care:
- Drink enough water: you might’ve heard this before, but it’s true: water helps the body get rid of toxins that affect our skin.
- Eat fruits and vegetables every day: they give you important nutrients that your skin needs in order to be healthy and repair itself.
- CBD supplements: taking a CBD supplement as little as once a day can contribute to your body’s ability to heal and can reduce inflammation or irritation in your face.
- Avoid strong chemicals: they can cause irritation and allergies.
- Give your pores a break from makeup: your skin also needs to breathe every now and then.
- Skincare routine: Wash your face once or twice a day with cold water and a soft, natural face wash (if necessary), making sure you remove all your makeup before going to bed! The pillowcase isn’t the only one that suffers if you go to sleep with makeup on.
Let’s take the time to care for ourselves…
We live fast paced lives which often cause us to forget about caring for ourselves in basic ways. We work, study, travel and, before we know it, our skin is dry and lifeless, or irritated and swollen.
Whether it’s a poor diet, lack of nutrients, or excessive exposure to the elements, CBD and curcumin can help us give a little life back to our complexion, not to mention, taking the time and putting the effort into helping our skin recover, reminds us to be more mindful and appreciate our health and body…